Thursday, September 1, 2016

McCarren Park

OMG my calves hurt! 

Great workout today.

It's the post-Pennsic doldrums. I didn't get my armor back until Sunday. It's beat up, and I need to replace every strap and bake the Courboli bits. 

So Agrippa, my graduated squire, saw that I was wearing the crusader helmet at Pennsic but didn't see that I had a new helmet from Cet. So I get home lay week and find a box and in the box a lovely helmet that can pass for sort of a burgeonet or kind of a Roman cavalry helmet. It's mild steel, but I really like it. 

And now I've got three helmets--four if you count the Norham I got for Gracia. 

And something else: Crown is going to be a lot tougher. I was offered the role of Elwood in Harvey this fall. It goes up a couple of weeks after Crown. I will be able to practice, but not enough to train like I need to. 

BUT I GET TO DO HARVEY!!!! 

WORKOUTS
The new semester gives me some great opportunities. I'm working out Thursday's at BMCC and, if it works into my schedule (and it should) Tiedays at CCNY (which will usually involve kettle bells and the heavy bag). I've also now added 50 squats to my 50 push-ups a day, and I'm making my minimum of 70,000 steps per week. 

Today was a rough Tripple workout: yoga/treadmill/weights. 

TECHNIQUE
My goal at practice was to keep in my A-Frame. 

FIGHTING
There were only three other fighters at practice on Monday, and I didn't get to fight Auzer. I got two sets with Ervald and one with Luthor. I fought both of them sword and shield, and I fought a pass with polearm against Ervald. I was way too tentative against Luthor because his speed is incredible. I won most of my fights, even with the polearm, but I'm still frustrated with my offense out of the A-Frame. 

It's 64 days until Crown. My next time in armor will be Nutley next week. 

No comments: