- Always break a pattern on the third (or fourth) pass.
- Strike through the transition window, when your opponent's mind has cycled off of defense
- All fights are won in between beats (on the upbeat)
- You can win a fight before you swing a bow, before the lay on, before you take the field
- You can think a guy to death
- Hit him when he's not looking
“'If I come at you head-on, like this,' he said, stepping forward, 'I’m going to run into that bubble of your personal space very quickly, and that’s going to make you uncomfortable.' He took a step back. 'So, what I do is I give you a point of focus, say a coin. Then I break eye contact by looking down, and I pivot around the point of focus, stepping forward in an arc, or a semicircle, till I’m in your space.'”