Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Training for Crown, fall 13

Counting this one, there are ten weeks until Crown. That is not a lot of time. I lost out on Pennsic, which usually jump starts my fall training. Plus I binged a lot this month hanging we family and stressing over my step father. My weight is as high as it has been (226) since I lost all that weight on the Atkins diet eight years ago. (I know how to take cared of that part, I just have to do it). 

But it is time to lay out my training regimen. 

In ten weeks (including this one) I plan the following: 

15 times in armor. That is a tough haul (I am counting last Sunday).
200 miles on my bicycle. That's only 20 miles a week, but by November that might be tough. 
Run eight times
Total of 50 logged workouts (that should be easy).

My general plan is warmups every morning. Yoga on Monday, cardio Tuesday and Thursday, fight or weights on Wednesday, rest Friday if I'm fighting Saturday, weights on Friday and rest Saturday if I'm fighting Sunday. We will see how that works out. 

New twist: try to fight Ron, Omega, Ice, Gregor, Stephan, and Lucan in that time frame. 

Other twist, diet: I think I am sticking with eating meat only at night. Maybe dairy at night, maybe none at all. 

And, of course, there is deer season to work in around all of this....

No comments: