Saturday, August 4, 2018

Pennsic chronicles 8/4

So I making an effort beginning with Pennsic to go back to writing this blog. But it’s easy to blog about the war.

Friday at peace week. Time to get inspected. Some marshals failed my sword because, and I’m not kidding, it was perfect. It fit exactly with an air marshal engage and they said, “can’t use this one. Put a single layer of duct tape along each side and it will pass. By the way, the gauge he was using was not designed to be a negative gauge, meaning that it was supposed to fit perfectly. Actually, I just acquiesced and smiled.

There was almost nobody out there. I was shocked to see how few people were fighting pick ups on Friday. Not only that, but against my very first opponent, a Roman name Valerian, my new shield broke. The palm strap snapped. So I got in one set of sword and shield fights. I thought a night, I don’t know his name, using my sword and Buckler. My booklet is really heavy. It’s made of marine grade plywood with channel edging and heater hose. It doesn’t move very fast, and I’m behind on my blocks a lot, but you cannot blow through it. When you hit it it stops your sword. He was kind of shocked that I killed him as many times as I did. I thought a fairly new fighter named off using my broadsword and short sword combination. I find that when I’m finding weapons form that I don’t use very often, it’s difficult for me to hold back against a new fighter. I’m working I’m just making my form work and I’m kind of extra focused on my blocks. The result was that I beat them a lot, and was unable to do a lot of training until we got off the field and I could tell him what I thought he was doing. Keeping with this use all the stuff you brought to the field theme, I went out pull her next. And the guy who came out towards me was in a perfect Norman kit with a short pole arm and he was taller than me and he had a white belt on and I knew just from the way he walked he was good.  I said out loud to myself “this will be humbling.”  Turns out he was duke Edward of the red, a pole arm God from up in Canada. Oh my God! Was he good. My polar and has an ex head on it. It’s a bit heavy and a bit slow. He was just whipping all around minute. I acquitted myself fairly well. I had a lot of good blocks, and I made him work, but I only came close with one thrust that died before it got to him. I even saw a thing that he was doing, blocking the outside of my pulled in countering with a headshot, but I kept giving it to him anyway. I thought oh this will beat it. Ha ha ha. He’s the tall guy in mail in the background. The skinny one with the coif. Who looks like trouble.

Saturday is Aedult Swim. 


No comments: