Monday, January 10, 2011

workouts

So the pre-season has begun as usual, with some great fighting at 12th Night. Workouts have begun as well. Easing into it so as to avoid injury. Last week I did calesthenics, yoga, and hiked. Saturday I fought. They have a great gym for a hotel here at the Double Tree, including a set of medicine balls in 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 pounds, so I improvised a medicine ball workout with increasing resistance on Sunday. It felt great. Today I did some stretches then did a standing dumbell workout: press, curl, row, triceps x, 3x10, then one set of jerks from the floor like with a kettle bell. Then I ran (in my 5 Fingers) on the treadmill for twenty minutes. great!

I considered buying the P X 90 program.90 days would end about a week before crown, but I love what I do already so much, and it works pretty well.

Tomorrow I think I will use the medicine balls again. Wednesday I will be at work, so I may do Yoga. Will definitely fight on Sunday, though it might be in Jersey. Birka is coming up.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

andrewjameslowry said...

Sounds like a good workout and a great mind set. If you are looking for a medicine ball workout you might find some solid ones over on Men's Health website.

While i have never done P09X I have heard from others of great results. Nothing 'revolutionary' in it just good solid workouts. All the best for your run up to Crown.